Amy Brown is a professional advanced clinical hypnotherapist. She is fully qualified and insured and holds a full DBS certificate. Amy owns and runs The Power of Your Mind clinical hypnotherapy practice as its sole therapist.
She is committed to being a part of your transformational journey for your positive future. Originally from Bradford in West Yorkshire, Amy moved to the glorious county of North Yorkshire after 20 years in London and a few stints living abroad.
Amy started her hypnotherapy work in 2009 when she first trained as a hypno birthing practitioner after the positive birth, using the technique, of her second son. Amy then trained as a clinical hypnotherapist (DCH, Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis) in London in 2013 and qualified in advanced hypnotherapy (DHP, Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy) in 2020.
Amy uses a wide range of therapeutic tools and techniques including, but not limited to, hypnoanalysis, hypno-psychotherapy, regression, inner child work, parts work, NLP, RECBT, CBT, gastric band hypnosis, time line work, solution focussed hypnotherapy, Ericksonian hypnotherapy and suggestion work. Amy prides herself on adapting the work appropriately to you to enable maximum benefit and unlock your future.
Hypnotherapy sessions are held in person or online via video call. In person sessions are in the town of Skipton, North Yorkshire which is conveniently located for many parts of West Yorkshire and Lancashire. She works with you, on a one-to-one basis. Her hypnotherapy sessions are solution focused, often involve interesting, important tasks to do between sessions and sometimes involve practical cognitive behavioural therapy techniques too (CBT).
For more information call 01756 699136 now.
Where does Amy work?
Anywhere except USA and Canada. The Power of Your Mind therapy lounge is located in central Skipton, North Yorkshire but as Amy continues to offer online sessions since the Covid Pandemic your session can be held wherever you are (as long as you have a good wifi connection).
Skipton is conveniently located for Ilkley, Harrogate, Bingley, Keighley, Bradford, Shipley and Leeds. Barnoldswick, Earby, Colne, Clitheroe and Burnley in Lancashire, and the Yorkshire Dales are also nearby.
Amy has had an increase in clients since Covid from cities including London, Leeds and Manchester. Sessions are more competitively priced and therefore good value for hypnotherapy compared to inner city pricing.
I feel like the old boy has gone and a new boy has been found. I am loving life now…
Just wanted to let you know that I came to see you about 9 months ago to help me to stop a life long habit of thumb sucking. It has genuinely broken the habit.
I would just like to say a massive THANK YOU, for helping me find my confidence and my voice… It was a pleasure coming to your sessions you were so great, thank you once again.
Professional information on Amy
- A member of the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR), the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and The Hypnotherapy Directory.
- Trained in London at The Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy (ICH) and, having previously practised in London, is now based in Skipton, North Yorkshire. Amy is originally from Bradford, West Yorkshire.
- Volunteers regularly for Oxenhope’s Sue Ryder Manorlands Hospice. She works at their drop – in service at Airedale hospital and at Hellifield GP practice using hypnotherapy and relaxtation to support those with life-limiting illness and their carers.
- Reguarly attends Continuing Professional Development courses (CPD’s) to continue her learning as a professional hypnotherapist.
- A member of the ICO (Information Comissioner’s Office) date protection service.
- She has professional liability insurance.
- She has regular supervision with fellow hypnotherapists.
- Carries a DBS (Disclosure and Barring service) Certificate for your reassurance when working with your children.
- Amy coordinates a Hypnotherapy Peer Support Group in Skipton.
- Amy is also a HypnoBirthing practitioner. She teaches antenatal classes to pregnant mothers and their birth partners. The course enables confidence and calm for a positive birth experience.
- She is also qualified in Katherine Graves Hypnobirthing method and has previous training in The Mongan Method.
- Amy also co- runs Positive Yorkshire Births Workshops.