It is time to take control of your Anxiety
Hypnotherapy can help many forms of anxiety.
Often clients come with an issue they would like to resolve or a goal they would like to achieve and in addition they experience anxiety issues. Anxiety can be debilitating and hinder enjoyment of life.
Anxiety is usual when a situation is particularly stressful. Our minds assess the environment so we can protect ourselves. We have an instinctive ‘fight or flight’ mechanism that kicks in during these situations. However, some people can feel anxious when the stressful situation no longer exists. When you are anxious you feel fearful and tense and often there are physical symptoms too.
Get in touch to book a free 30 minute consultation or an initial 90 minute session now. Hypnotherapy Skype sessions also available.
Anxiety is abnormal:
- If the current stress is minor; or
- Appears for no apparent reason when there is no stressful situation, for example with Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD) where there is excessive anxiety on a daily basis; or
- Is out of proportion to the stressful situation, for example with phobias; or
- The stress continues when the stressful situation has gone, for example with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Psychological symptoms include:
- Feelings of overwhelming panic
- Feeling a loss of control
- Difficulty concentrating
- Anticipating the worst
- Feeling tense
- Irrational thoughts
- Ruminating thoughts
- Uncontrollable thoughts
Physical symptoms can also occur as a result of the psychological symptoms. These include:
- shortness of breath
- a pounding heart
- Stomach upset
- Stomach aches
- feeling sick
- lack of sleep
The good news
Your anxiety can be dealt with and managed, you weren’t born with anxiety so therefore it needn’t be a controlling part of your life. You can learn to manage it and take back control. Along with the hypnotherapy treatment you may learn self hypnosis techniques for self management. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) may also be used. Depending on the anxiety level and goals, you would have around 5 to 6 sessions. This is discussed at session 1.
The mind is everything, what you think you become.
Clinical Hypnotherapy for Positive Change with The Power of Your Mind