Hypnotherapy for Anxiety
Hypnotherapy for anxiety and stress – take back control and enjoy your life.
Anxiety can be debilitating and hinder enjoyment of life. It may feel that it has become who you are and that is simply not the case. Amy has supported many clients in transforming their lives and achieving their goals using hypnotherapy for anxiety. For some, that has been anxiety that has dominated for decades. Your anxiety maybe a symptom of an issue or it may be the over riding problem. Either way, if it is out of control you can move to a new reality.
Anxiety, when under control, is actually normal and helpful.
When a situation is particularly stressful our minds assess the environment so we can protect ourselves. We have a very useful instinctive ‘fight or flight’ mechanism that kicks in during these situations. It is when that anxiety spirals out of control and become a part of everyday life that it becomes an issue. This is when Amy tends to hear from people like you; when they want to choose a new path and realise it is time to change how they think and feel.
Anxiety results in physical, emotional or behavioural symptoms. Each has an impact on the others compounding the problem. For example, when you are anxious you may feel fearful with thoughts such as ‘I am scared’, that increase muscle tension leading to a desire to hide away somewhere safe. This then increases the fearful thoughts.
Symptoms of anxiety
Psychological or emotional symptoms include:
- Overwhelming panic
- Feeling a loss of control
- Difficulty concentrating
- Anticipating the worst
- Feeling tense
- Fear or dread
- Irrational thoughts
- Ruminating thoughts
- Uncontrollable thoughts
Physical symptoms include:
- shortness of breath
- a pounding heart
- Stomach upset
- Stomach aches
- feeling sick
- lack of sleep
Behavioural symptoms include:
- Avoidance of a situation
- Escaping from a situation
- Overcompensating behaviours
- Obsessive thoughts
- Compulsive behaviours
- Destructive behaviours through substances or risk taking
Your anxiety can be changed, you weren’t born feeling like this.
Anxiety needn’t be a controlling part of your life. You can learn to manage it and take back control. Amy’s hypnotherapy for anxiety treatment also uses a combination of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and coaching tools. These are tailored to help you depending on your own particular issues and goals. Hypnotherapy for anxiety is likely to be 4 to 6 sessions. The exact number is discussed at your first session and once your case history is taken through conversation.
You can get help to take back control over your anxiety if:
- Your anxiety levels are disproportionate to the current stress that is occurring.
- You are unable to cope with what is currently happening in your life.
- Your anxiety about the past or the future is impacting your present.
- It seems that your anxiety appears for no apparent reason such as when there is no stressful situation. For example, with Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD) where there is excessive anxiety on a daily basis.
- It is out of proportion to a certain stimulus, for example with phobias.
- You have a fight or flight response that has continued after the stressful situation has gone, for example with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Get in touch to book a complimentary 30-minute discovery session or to book your initial 90 minute session now. Hypnotherapy sessions are available online via several video platforms.
The mind is everything, what you think you become.
Clinical Hypnotherapy for Positive Change with The Power of Your Mind