By booking a therapy session with The Power of Your Mind, you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. They are for the benefit of all of Amy’s clients and designed to ensure that therapy sessions run on time and that you are committed to your therapy.
1) Therapy sessions
- Amy will suggest, and together we agree, the number of sessions, during the initial therapy session. Amy may need to re-assess the appropriate number of session as the therapy progresses. Therapy for smoking cessation is two sessions.
- The initial therapy session will be up to 90 minutes and additional sessions will be up to 60 minutes. It will start at the time we have previously arranged.
- In general, hypnotherapy sessions will be block booked for maximum benefit.
- Arrive at your booked time, to allow for other clients both before and after your session, and to be seen on time.
- If you arrive more than 5 minutes late the length of your therapy session may be reduced.
2) Cancellations/change in arrangements
- To rearrange a session you must notify Amy in writing either by text, to 07846 376306, or by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of 24 hours in advance of the commencement of that session.
- If cancellation is less than 24 clear hours before the session then that session cannot be re-arranged and the fee is relinquished.
- If cancellations and/ or rearrangements are frequent, then together, we will assess whether it is appropriate to continue with your therapy.
- Missed sessions are expected to be made up, and paid for whenever applicable, so the appropriate number of sessions initially discussed are still taken.
- If there has been a 4 month gap between sessions, whatever the reason, another 90 minute initial session will be necessary.
3) Fees for therapy sessions
- The appropriate fee for the session(s) is to be paid via bank transfer or by cash deposit into the bank. Your full name is to be used as a reference.
- Payment should clear 48 hours in advance of the initial therapy session and then 48 hours before the start of each programme block.
- Session programmes are usually paid for in one installment but an arrangement of 2 payments is available.
- Sessions are only confirmed when payment has been received. If the appropriate fee is not recieved 48 hours prior to the session it will be released.
- Please read (3) above for terms that apply to cancellations and change in arrangements.
- Refunds are not made for sessions paid for, only rearranged if cancelled.
- HypnoBirthing requires a £50 deposit to be paid to book your course. The balance must be paid in full 48 hours before the start of the course.
4) Recording the session
- Occasionally audio recording of the hypnotherapy may occur with your permission.
- These, or other, recordings may be emailed to you for your therapeutic benefit and are for your personal use only.
- When working with your child a visual and audio recording will be made of the session if you are not present.
5) Therapeutic goals
- Goals of the hypnotherapy are agreed together.
- Amy always aims for maximum gain, towards the agreed goals, in the shortest amount of sessions that she deems appropriate for your goals and issues.
- Each client is different so hypnotherapy, processes and the number of sessions recommend vary from client to client.
You accept that the hypnotherapy offered is on the basis of the information you supply and therefore you agree to be honest and give information to the best of your knowledge.
You accept that the agreement to work on your issues or goals presented does not imply a particular outcome guarantee though progress is monitored throughout the therapy programme.
The fees charged are for the therapist’s time which includes planning time before, your actual session, and post session time.
- Amy cannot guarantee the outcomes and gains of the hypnotherapy though this is always monitored as the therapy progresses.
6) Intoxicated individuals
- Amy will not start a therapy session if she believes a client to be intoxicated (for example, alcohol or drugs) and that therapy session will be cancelled.
- Confidentiality is maintained within the boundaries of the law and where it is ethical to do so. There are circumstances when Amy has a legal or ethical obligation to break confidentiality and disclose relevant information to certain parties. Please see FAQs for more details on this matter.
- To maintain your confidentiality Amy aims to not acknowledge nor communicate with you in public during or after your therapy, unless you do so first. However, it is recommended that you have a story as a cover in case acknowledgement is made and you have chosen to keep your hypnotherapy to yourself.
8) 30 Minute Free information session
- This is an opportunity to meet Amy Brown and to decide whether it is appropraite to proceed with hypnotherapy sessions.
- The session involves a short discussion about your issues and goals, what you would ultimately like to acheive and how hypnotherapy could help you.
- If time permits, a short 5 -10 minute guided relaxation will conclude the session.
9) Gift vouchers
- Gift voucher appointments must be used before the expiry date shown on the voucher.
- The voucher, if for more than one session, can only be used by a single individual.
- An ‘Ego Massage’ voucher involves a brief chat to define the best focus for you for this hypnotic feel good session.
- When a voucher has been bought as a gift the session(s) focus is your choice, not that of the giver.
- There is no obligation to have additional sessions once the voucher session(s) have been used.
- There is no cash value or alternative for the voucher.
By having therapy with The Power of Your Mind, your data will be collected, used and handled in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations. More information on this is provided below.
Your data includes the following information, but could also include other things:
Name, address, telephone numbers, email address, date of birth, medication, GP details, allergies, phobias, relationship information, religious beliefs, criminal convictions and past and present incidents and information about your life. Other than the information given in bold you have a choice as to whether you share this data with me.
I collect and hold your data for the following the reasons:
- To provide you with tailored hypnotherapy, to work towards your goal and / or to deal with your issue.
- To gain, when necessary, supervision support (anonymously and without identifiable data) from my hypnotherapy peers and supervisors.
- To liaise, when necessary, with other appropriate health professionals e.g. GPs and consultants.
- For accounting and bookkeeping purposes, most commonly within bank records and receipt data.
- For marketing purposes with appropriate and associated information from The Power of Your Mind and only if you choose to opt in. Please see below.
- For anonymous case study stories with identifiable data removed. Please see below.
Communication using your data (email and phone only)
- Communication will only occur via email and phone calls. Contact made via text or social media apps will result in a response directing you to one of the other contact methods.
- Calls and emails are used to arrange your appointments and to send appropriate tasks or information between sessions via email.
- Emails with personal data (other than the email address) are deleted once transfered onto your client notes. Other emails are deleted once therapy is complete.
Accessing your data
- You have the right to access the data I hold on you, this includes your client notes, emails or any other correspondence we have shared that I hold. Please give 30 days’ notice to access your data.
- This usually done free of charge.
- If I refuse to provide you with your data I will provide with the reason why and you are entitled to make a complain to the ICO (see below).
Sharing of your data.
- I may share your data with your GP or other medical consultants, as is necessary, for me to provide appropriate treatment, if I believe you are at risk to yourself or if you have certain medical symptoms/ conditions/ illnesses or are on certain medications. This is a requirement of my professional hypnotherapy body.
- I may share your data with Police, DVLA, Courts of law and other bodies if I am legally obliged. I will gain advice from my hypnotherapy professional body before I do so.
Storage of your data.
- Your data will be stored as a client record on paper written document and emails containing your data will be deleted once therapy has been completed. Your paper client record will be stored in a locked metal box.
- Your data will be kept as long as is necessary in accordance with my professional body, insurers and inland revenue. Whichever time length is longest takes priority.
- I will delete your data once it is no longer required. This will be within the rules and regulations of HMRC, insurers or other professional bodies and whichever is the longest in length.
- I will keep a record of when and what was deleted in a password protected electronic document.
Right to transfer data to another party.
- You have hold the right to have your data transferred to another person or organisation, for example to a different therapist. This will be sent in an encrypted digital format within 30 days of your request.
- Transfer of data is free of charge.
Deletion of your data
- You have the right to request that I delete your data. For insurance, tax and professional body obligations I may need to keep it longer and this takes priority.
- Deletion of data is free of charge.
Ammendment of data
- You have the right to have your data amended if it changes. This may include name, address, email address, phone number or medication, amongst other things. I will make the amendment at the earliest opportunity and within 30 days
- Changes to your data are free of charge.
- In the first instance, you can choose to complain to Amy Brown at The Power of Your Mind about the handling of your data.
- If you feel this is not appropriate or you want to escalate your complaint, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (IC0). https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/