By booking a therapy session with The Power of Your Mind, you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. They are for the benefit of all of Amy’s clients and designed to ensure that therapy sessions run on time and that you are committed to your therapy. The T&Cs apply for both in-person and online sessions.
1) Therapy sessions
- Amy will suggest, and together we agree, the number of sessions, during the initial therapy session. Amy may need to re-assess the appropriate number of session as the therapy progresses.
- The initial therapy session is priced at £80 and will be 60 to 75 minutes. It is paid for as part of a block of 4 sessions at £347. The initial session will start at the time we have previously arranged.
- Additional sessions will be between 60 and 75 minutes each. They will start at the time we have previously arranged.
- Arrive at your booked time, to allow for other clients both before and after your session, and to be seen on time.
- If you arrive more than 5 minutes late the length of your therapy session may be reduced.
2) Cancellations/change in arrangements
- If for any reason whatsoever, you wish to discontinue therapy after the initial session then please notify Amy within 48 hours of the appointment ending. Amy will then arrange a full refund of £267.
- Refunds are only applicable at this stage and not at a later date or time.
- To rearrange a session, you must notify Amy in writing either by text, to 07846 376306, or by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of 24 hours in advance of the commencement of that session.
- If cancellation is less than 24 clear hours before the session then that session cannot be re-arranged and the fee is relinquished.
- If cancellations and/ or rearrangements are frequent, then together, we will assess whether it is appropriate to continue with your therapy.
- Missed sessions are expected to be made up, and paid for whenever applicable, so the appropriate number of sessions initially discussed are still taken.
3) Fees for therapy sessions
- The appropriate fee for the session(s) is to be paid via bank transfer or by cash deposit into the bank. Your full name is to be used as a reference.
- Subsequent sessions are bought in blocks of 3 at £267 per block.
- Payment should clear 48 hours in advance of the first therapy session within a block.
- Sessions are only confirmed when payment has been received. If the appropriate fee is not received 48 hours prior to the session it will be released.
- Please read (2) above for terms that apply to cancellations and change in arrangements.
- Refunds are not made for sessions paid for (accept for point 1 in section 2 above). They are only rearranged if cancelled.
4) Recording the session
- Occasionally audio recording of the hypnotherapy may occur with your permission.
- These, or other, recordings may be emailed to you for your therapeutic benefit and are for your personal use only.
- When working with your child a visual and/ or audio recording may be made of the session if you are not present.
- If the session is online, for example via Zoom or Skype, Amy will not record the session. It is beyond Amy’s control if the session’s audio or visual is recorded via the software platform.
5) Therapeutic goals
- Goals of the hypnotherapy are agreed together.
- Amy always aims for maximum gain, towards the agreed goals, in the shortest amount of sessions that she deems appropriate for your goals and issues.
- Each client is different so hypnotherapy, processes and the number of sessions recommend vary from client to client.
- You accept that the hypnotherapy offered is on the basis of the information you supply and therefore you agree to be honest and give information to the best of your knowledge.
- You accept that the agreement to work on your issues or goals presented does not imply a particular outcome guarantee though progress is monitored throughout the therapy programme.
- The fees charged are for the Amy’s time which includes planning and script preparation before, your actual session, and post session note writing time.
- Amy cannot guarantee the outcomes and gains of the hypnotherapy though this is always monitored as the therapy progresses.
6) Intoxicated individuals
- Amy will not start a therapy session if she believes a client to be intoxicated (for example, alcohol or drugs) and that therapy session will be cancelled.
- Confidentiality is maintained within the boundaries of the law and where it is ethical to do so. There are circumstances when Amy has a legal or ethical obligation to break confidentiality and disclose relevant information to certain parties. Please see FAQs for more details on this matter.
- To maintain your confidentiality Amy aims not to acknowledge you or communicate with you in public during or after your therapy. If you initiate interaction Amy will maintain confidentiality regarding your sessions.
- It is recommended that you have a cover story in case Amy accidentally acknowledges you and you have chosen to keep your hypnotherapy sessions private from others in your life.
8) Gift vouchers
- Gift voucher appointments must be used before the expiry date shown on the voucher.
- The voucher, if for more than one session, can only be used by a single individual.
- An ‘Mind Massage’ voucher involves a brief chat to define the best focus for you for this hypnotic feel good session.
- When a voucher has been bought as a gift the session(s) focus is your choice, not that of the giver.
- There is no obligation to have additional sessions once the voucher session(s) have been used.
- There is no cash value or alternative for the voucher.
- In the first instance, complaints should be raised with Amy.
- Amy is also a member of General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR) and Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) where complaints can be escalated if you feel this is necessary.
- Any potential dispute or complaint, about Amy or her work, or arising from these terms and conditions will be interpreted in accordance with English law.
- Amy holds Professional Liability Insurance.
By having therapy with The Power of Your Mind, your data will be collected, used and handled in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations. More information on this is provided below.
Your data includes the following information, but could also include other things:
Name, address, telephone numbers, email address, date of birth, medication, GP details, allergies, phobias, relationship information, religious beliefs, criminal convictions and past and present incidents and information about your life. Other than the information given in bold you have a choice as to whether you share this data with Amy.
Amy does her utmost to protect your data.
Amy collects and hold your data for the following the reasons:
- To provide you with tailored hypnotherapy, to work towards your goal and / or to deal with your issue.
- To gain, when necessary, supervision support (anonymously and without identifiable data) from my hypnotherapy peers and supervisors.
- To liaise, when necessary, with other appropriate health professionals e.g. GPs and consultants.
- For accounting and bookkeeping purposes, most commonly within bank records and receipt data.
- For marketing purposes with appropriate and associated information from The Power of Your Mind and only if you choose to opt in.
- For anonymous case study stories with identifiable data removed.
Communication using your data (email and phone only)
- Communication will only occur via email and phone calls. Contact made via text or social media apps will result in a response directing you to one of the other contact methods.
- Calls and emails are used to arrange your appointments and to send appropriate tasks or information between sessions via email.
- Emails with personal data (other than the email address) are deleted once transfered onto your client notes. Other emails are deleted once therapy is complete.
Accessing your data
- You have the right to access the data Amy holds on you, this includes your client notes, emails or any other correspondence we have shared that Amy holds. Please give 30 days’ notice to access your data.
- This is usually done free of charge.
- If Amy refuses to provide you with your data I will provide with the reason why and you are entitled to make a complain to the ICO (see below).
Sharing of your data.
- Amy may share your data with your GP or other medical consultants, as is necessary, for her to provide appropriate treatment, if Amy believes you are at risk to yourself or if you have certain medical symptoms/ conditions/ illnesses or are on certain medications. This is a requirement of my professional hypnotherapy body.
- Amy may share your data with Police, DVLA, Courts of law and other bodies if Amy am legally obliged. Amy will gain advice from her hypnotherapy professional body before she does so.
- Your data may be accessed by other members of Amy’s team when they are working with and for her. Confidentiality agreements are in place with team members.
Storage of your data.
- Your data will be stored as a client record on paper written document and emails containing your data will be deleted once therapy has been completed. Your paper client record will be stored in a locked metal box.
- Your data will be kept as long as is necessary in accordance with my professional body, insurers and inland revenue. Whichever time length is longest takes priority. Currently this is 7 years.
- Amy will delete your data once it is no longer required. This will be within the rules and regulations of HMRC, insurers or other professional bodies and whichever is the longest in length.
- Amy will keep a record of when and what was deleted in a password protected electronic document.
- Amy cannot be held responsible for data collected or held by online platforms such as Zoom or Skype when sessions are held over the internet.
Right to transfer data to another party.
- You have the right to have your data transferred to another person or organisation, for example to a different therapist. This will be sent in an encrypted digital format within 30 days of your request.
- Transfer of data is free of charge.
Deletion of your data
- You have the right to request that Amy deletes your data. For insurance, tax and professional body obligations I may need to keep it longer and this takes priority.
- Deletion of data is free of charge.
Ammendment of data
- You have the right to have your data amended. This may include changes such as name, address, email address, phone number or medication, amongst other things. Amy will make the amendment at the earliest opportunity and within 30 days
- Changes to your data are free of charge.
- In the first instance, you can choose to complain to Amy Brown at The Power of Your Mind about the handling of your data.
- If you feel this is not appropriate or you want to escalate your complaint, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (IC0). https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/
Note: These Terms and Conditions, and any potential dispute or complaint about them or arising from them will be interpreted in accordance with English law.