What is Hypnotherapy? How does Hypnotherapy work?
What is Hypnosis and how does it work?
In terms of hypnosis, there are 3 parts to our minds: the conscious mind, the subconscious (or unconscious) mind and the critical faculty.
The conscious mind is responsible for:
- Short term memory
- Rationalising and analysing ( E.g I deserve that chocolate bar I just did a 5km run. )
- Willpower ( This is weak compared to our imaginations which lies in our subconscious. )
The subconscious mind is responsible for:
- Self protection ( Encourages behaviours that it believes are of benefit to you, even if you don’t agree. )
- Autonomic bodily processes ( E.g breathing, heart beating. )
- Imagination ( This wins over willpower when the two fight. )
- Long term memory ( All our memories are held here, though some are easier to access than others. )
The critical faculty is responsible for:
- Guarding your subconscious mind from the conscious minds attempts to alter current behaviours and thoughts.
- Deciding whether to reject or accept thoughts and the things we hear. Are they in line with what the subconscious believes to be true?
The subconscious mind always acts with positive intention even if it may not appear that way. Over time we have trained our subconscious mind to believe that the thoughts, actions and emotions we exhibit are beneficial to us so it does it all it can to continue them. Your critical factor is the subconscious minds personal border control guard rejecting or accepting thoughts that fit with our way of being.
And what about hypnosis?
When you are in hypnosis the critical faculty is bypassed, allowing access to the subconscious mind. This is when the subconscious can take on new suggestions that line up with what you consciously want. This changes to your subconscious mind impact the way it acts affecting the way you behave, think and feel. This alters your behaviours, emotions, actions and thoughts and allows you to take control and achieve your goals. The power of your mind is phenomenal and you have all you need within you already. It’s all there and ready to be accessed and used.
What is Clinical Hypnotherapy and why choose it?
Amy uses Clinical Hypnotherapy which means she uses hypnosis to make changes based on what you present with and the information you share at sessions, This means what is presented in ‘the clinic’. All the therapy and hypnotherapy you will have is based on moving forward with your life to where you want to go and what you want to achieve.
What are the different types of hypnosis?
Amy uses various forms of hypnotherapy
These include Cognitive hypnotherapy, Ericksonian hypnotherapy, Hypno-analysis, Neuro-Linguistic Programming ( NLP), Time Line Therapy and Suggestion hypnotherapy. All hypnotherapy is person ad goal centred and Amy is guided by you and adapts the therapy as progress is made.
What is controlling you? Do you want to take back the power? Make a positive change in your life, it is time to access your subconscious potential. Contact Amy for more information or to book a free information session and to start your therapy journey today. Skype sessions also available. Use The Power of Your Mind Clinical Hypnotherapy for your positive change today.
If we did all the things we were capable of doing we would literally astound ourselves. Thomas Edison